The Body Mass Index (BMI) is a tool that can be used to tell how healthy a person’s weight is. You can use the BMI to find out if you’re a healthy weight for your height.
If you know your height and weight, you can work out which weight range you’re in using the simple steps outlined below.
- Take your weight in kilograms (kg) and divide it by your height in metres (m).
- Then divide the result by your height in metres (m) again.
For example, if you weigh 70kg, and you’re 1.75m tall, your BMI would be 22.9 (70/1.75 = 40 and 40/1.75 = 22.9).
Alternatively, you can use a BMI calculator. Simply enter your height, weight and sex to find out your BMI.
Click this link for a BMI calculator.
The BMI weight ranges, as set out by the World Health Organisation (WHO), are outlined below.
- If your BMI is less than 18.4, you’re underweight for your height.
- If your BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9, you’re an ideal weight for your height.
- If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9, you’re over the ideal weight for your height.
- If your BMI is between 30 and 39.9, you’re obese.
- If your BMI is over 40, you’re very obese.
If you have a BMI of over 25, you need to think about losing weight because you have an increased risk of developing serious health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, and several forms of cancer.
If your BMI is over 30, you need to make some immediate changes to your lifestyle in order to lose weight.
So, if you haven’t caluculate yet your BMI,plese calculate it right now. Some Gym have their own BMI calculation machine. Ask your trainer for it .
Hope you will know your BMI after reading this article. Again, you must check your BMI in every three months.
Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any
widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was
hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
Please let me know if you run into anything.
I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
Search in wordpress.com help site. Thanks